- Asbestos Pre-Demolition & Pre-Renovation Inspections
Our Certified Asbestos Inspectors will perform a survey to identify asbestos containing building materials (ACM) throughout a building or structure, or portion thereof to be renovated, repaired or demolished. Suspect materials are collected per Federal, State or local requirements and evaluated at a certified environmental laboratory.A report is provided which outlines locations, quantities and condition of any found ACM. These surveys are required to fulfill the owners responsibilities when submitting for a renovation or demolition permit.
- Infiltration Blower Door / Duct Leakage Test
Have our BPI certified “Infiltration and Duct Leakage” technicians perform your 3rd party “building envelope testing.” After October 3, 2016, contractors must comply with these air tightness requirements and verify them with a blower door test.Our report will satisfy compliance with IECC 2015 and ASTM standards for all newly constructed homes in New York State.
- Asbestos Air Sampling & Analysis
Air Sampling is performed as part of an asbestos abatement project by our certified technicians for regulatory compliance and to assure safe air quality conditions prior to re-occupying the regulated work area. Testing is mandated on most projects over 10 square feet or 25 linear feet of Asbestos material affected.Air is collected inside and outside the work area before the project commences and then again upon completion. On larger scope projects, testing is sometimes required during abatement activity.
- Asbestos Project Monitoring
Our certified Monitors will oversee your project to ensure compliance with regulatory, procedural, and health and safety standards. When regulations only require a final visual inspection, we will verify cleanliness and completion of the scope of work so that the space can be safely re-occupied.
- Indoor Air Quality Testing
- Industrial Hygiene Testing
- Mold Investigations & Testing
- Volatile Organic Compounds Testing (VOCs)
- Settled / Airborne Dust Evaluations
- Asbestos Project Design
Our certified designer can assist in creating a site specific plan for submission to the NYS-DOL Engineering Department for consideration on those hard to perform projects so that they can be performed in a safe yet more practical manner.
- Mold Testing
Our certified mold assessors can provide testing for indoor air quality concerns to verify or rule out possible causes of discomfort. Mold spore testing with comparative analysis between complaint areas versus non-complaint/exterior areas can be performed. We can also collect swab or tape lift samples to evaluate any suspect residue present.
- Radon Testing
Scientists estimate that radon exposure causes many thousands of lung cancer deaths in the United States each year. The risk of developing lung cancer from radon depends upon the concentration of radon and the length of exposure. The risk of lung cancer is especially high for smokers with homes having elevated radon levels
- Radon is a radioactive gas which occurs in nature as a result of the radioactive decay of uranium. Uranium is a radioactive element found in certain rocks found deep beneath structures. As the Uranium breaks down it decays into radon. The radon then moves through crevices in the soil and through cracks of a home's foundation and floors. When radon is present it can also seep into a home through dirt floors, floor drains, sumps, and hollow-block walls. Radon concentrations are highest in the lowest levels of a building.
- Radon breaks down naturally and forms radioactive decay products. When the air is inhaled, the radon decay products can become trapped in the lungs. . As these decay products break down further, they release small bursts of energy which can damage lung tissue and lead to lung cancer.
- If the initial measurement result is less than 4 pCi/L, there is a relatively low probability that mitigation is necessary. If your initial short-term screening measurement result is 4 pCi/L or higher, you should conduct a follow-up short-term measurement before proceeding with mitigation. Testing takes 48-72 hours while we leave equipment in place at your home. Call us to schedule an appointment.
- Mold Assessments and Work Plans
*Using instruments like thermal imaging cameras, thermo-hygrometers, moisture meters, borescopes, air and surface sampling, our certified Assessors will determine if mold amplification or conditions conducive to mold growth exists. If remediation is deemed necessary, the Assessment will provide specifics on what is recommended, including a work plan. Upon completion, we can also perform clearance testing to ensure the area is safe for re-occupancy. *
If you are only concerned with your indoor air quality, we can perform mold spore air testing or verify if a surface discoloration is actually mold. Call with any questions, we are here to help.
- Lead Paint Inspections
Using an XRF, our lead paint testing professional will evaluate representative painted surfaces that will be affected by renovations or demolition. If testing is required for HUD, all required surfaces and rooms will be evaluated to comply with current standards. A report detailing positive findings along with a list of all testing performed is supplied to the client.